PANDEMIC OPERATIONAL PLAN (COVID-19 Safety Plan)
Pandemic Operational Plan – Dr. Larry Smith Chiropractor
Date: May 19, 2020
Updated March 2, 2021
Business address: 673 Temple St. Parksville, BC V9P 1A9
The health of our employees and patients is very important to us. We have created this document to clarify the actions that Dr. Larry Smith and Staff will take in order to ensure the wellbeing of everyone in our place of business and community. This document can be found at the office and will regularly be updated by staff. Should you have any questions, recommendations or concerns, please contact the office at 250-248-6333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COVID-19 SIGNAGE IN PUBLIC AREAS:
We have affixed signage on proper hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and physical distancing throughout the facility and outdoor settings as applicable. Should you have any questions, recommendations please contact the office at 250-248-6333 or e-mail email@example.com.
The following signage has been affixed in this location in the appropriate locations:
- Keep Our Business Safe Sign
- Customer Screening & Symptoms Sign
- Hand Washing and Sanitizer Sign
- How to Wear a Face Mask
- Physical Distancing Sign
- Debit/Credit Terminal Sign
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING MEASURES:
Dr. Larry Smith Chiropractor will ensure the physical distancing of 2 meters (6 feet) at all times for both our clients and employees inside our business as well as any lines entering our place of business. Should you have any questions, recommendations or concerns, please contact the office at 250-248-6333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The following physical distancing measures are in place at this location:
• Only 1 patient in waiting room or treatment room at 1 time
• Patients, staff and employees will avoid common greetings, such as handshakes;
• A plexiglass screen has been installed at reception (at the front and side of the reception desk)
- CLEANING AND DISINFECTION PROCEDURES:
Dr. Larry Smith Chiropractor has developed cleaning protocols to ensure that all common areas are cleaned and disinfected twice daily, or more often as required. Treatment rooms and tables and door handles will be cleaned after each treatment. Should you have any questions, recommendations or concerns, please contact please contact the office at 250-248-6333 or e-mail email@example.com
- The following cleaning and disinfection procedures are in place at this location:
• We will ensure that all the necessary supplies such as hot/cold potable running water, liquid soap, paper towel, and garbage bins, for handwashing; or minimum 70% alcohol based hand sanitizer; toilet paper, cleaning and disinfecting supplies and personal protection equipment (non-medical masks and disposable gloves) are available as appropriate.
• We will ensure that employees are trained on how to clean and disinfect surfaces and use personal protection equipment if needed.
• Cleaning and disinfecting supplies that clean and disinfect all at once may require the use of disposable gloves, these will be disposed of appropriately after cleaning. More information on cleaning and disinfection can be found on the Government of Canada website.
• Countertops, chairs (including below the front of the seat), debit terminal, light switches, washroom, doorknobs and handles, cabinet handles, faucet handles, etc. will also be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- The following cleaning and disinfection supplies are available at this location:
- Hand Sanitizer
- soap and water
- Cavi wipes
Should you have any questions, recommendations or concerns, please contact please contact the office at 250-248-6333 or e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees are responsible for the monitoring of supplies to ensure stock is maintained during operating hours:
- EMPLOYEE WELLNESS AND HYGIENE:
Dr. Larry Smith Chiropractor will ensure that all employees are informed of the best practices to encourage proper hygiene etiquette. Additionally, the necessary products and equipment will be available in the workplace to follow these best practices. Health and Safety is a responsibility that belongs to everyone is the workplace and I encourage staff to review WorkSafe BC resources and COVID-19 Industry Information. I have also reviewed our sick leave policy & Health and safety policy to ensure employees are not coming to work unless they are healthy.
- The following employee wellness and hygiene procedures are in place:
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the used tissue in the trash.
• If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not in your hands and then wash your hands immediately afterwards;
•When coming into work and leaving work, please wash/sanitize your hands for 20 seconds
•You are encouraged to clean your cell phone upon arriving at work with a sanitizer wipe (if available);
• Respect the 2-meter physical distancing measures with all patients
• Handshakes, hugs and direct contact are not permitted;
• Avoid contact with people who are sick
• Remind patients of the wellness and hygiene measures put into place.
• If you have symptoms or think that you might have COVID-19, please use the Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19.
• We ask that you do not present yourself at work with COVID-19 symptoms and self-isolate for 14 consecutive days